Sunday, February 2, 2014

Viva la Valentines!



Love is always on my mind for the month of February. I have always had a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day and I think that's apparent in this mix. Sometimes love isn't always sunshine and rainbows, but then again, sometimes it is.

I present to you, the first Sea Beat mix: VIVA LA VALENTINES!
Featuring...


THE GIRLFRIENDS - MY ONE AND ONLY JIMMY BOY  (source)
Here he comes...


ROSIE & THE ORIGINALS - ANGEL BABY
(source)
Simple and sweet











SAM COOKE - CUPID
(source)
I could listen to Sam Cooke sing all day long. What a beautiful voice.









THE MONKEES - LOOK OUT (HERE COMES TOMORROW)
(source)
Written by Neil Diamond, pop music gold








THE MURMAIDS - POPSICLES AND ICICLES
(source)
These are a few of the things he loves...




PETER AND GORDON - A WORLD WITHOUT LOVE
(source)
In my opinion, this is one of the very best Lennon-McCartney songs ever written





FREE DESIGN - I FOUND LOVE
(source)
and it didn't hurt at all..





MILLENNIUM - IT'S YOU
(source)
Love, sunshine, and rainbows forever








THE SHANGRI-LAS - GIVE HIM A GREAT BIG KISS
(source)
He's good bad, but not evil






RITCHIE VALENS - COME ON, LET'S GO
(source)
Swing me swing me all the way down there





CONNIE STEVENS - SIXTEEN REASONS
(source)
I just can't seem to get enough of your secret sighs and crazy clothes








RICK NELSON - FOR YOUR SWEET LOVE
(source)
I once watched a 3 hour long PBS fundraising program about Rick Nelson. Never got bored once... I mean how could you with those eyes.....








OTIS REDDING - LOVE MAN
(source)
6'1" 210lbs





THE COOKIES - STRANGER IN YOUR ARMS
(source)
What's a Valentine's mix without at least one heartbreak song








MAURICE WILLIAMS & THE ZODIACS - STAY
(source)
The shortest song to ever reach the top of the Billboard charts. Just proves that you can fit perfection into less than 2 minutes.




THE BEACH BOYS - DON'T WORRY BABY
(source)
Oh what she does to me when she makes love to me






MERCY - LOVE CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY
(source)
This song always reminds me of my first months in LA, when Retro 1260 was still a thing on the AM dial. 






No comments:

Post a Comment